general visual studio .net question

wilhil

Newcomer
I posted this message on microsoft forums and got no response, so i will psot it here, or does anyone know a good .net forum where i can get good support / ask questions and is bvery active?

the question is
-----

Hi

I hope this is the correct forum for this post

basically i think word completion is a wonderful feature, but it only sometimes happens on my computer, I am running visual studio.net 2003 and basically when i type in something like form1, word completion only comes on after i type the dot and then it lets me choose the next word, whilst typing the form1 part nothing happens, if i click the complete word button it gives form as a option, and i think is wonderful as it would save so much time, so is there a way to make it default to showing the complete word?

also another question, not worth starting a whole post for, basically in my project i have a string, and i need to reuse it, but i cant as it says something like the string has already beenused, so I was wondering how to clear a string.

Thanks

William Hilsum

string s= "Hi";
output - Hi

Append to string Hi:
s += " Hi";
output - Hi Hi

Clear the string:
s= "";
output -

1) In my VS.NET, Control-Space brings the auto-complete/intellisense box up. Just press it while typing and it'll either complete the word (if there is only one object beginning with the letters you've typed so far), or bring up the intellisense list starting with the letter combo you've typed.

2) What aewarnick said. :p

crt+space in when not typing will bring up the whole list :p
Handy if you don't remober a controls name. btw thta existenin vb6 also

Back