full compile dot net application

hamid

Centurion
Hi,
is there any way to full compile dot net application?
in other word i want build and compile my application (c#.net) completly that it dont need to .net framwork to run.
i just look a way to save my application from decompiler and desourcer.
thank you

.Net is not designed or intended for this. Even if you embed the entire base class library into the executable (which possibly could be done with ILMerge), the runtime still performs all run-time type operations/checks, garbage collection, object allocation, etc. etc.. The executable you deliver would be so bloated, you probably might as well distribute the .Net redistributable with an installer. You can NGen it to skip the JIT compilation at runtime and ILMerge extra libraries to avoid extra dependencies, but that's about as far as you can go as far as I know. Maybe you should just make the switch to C++... either that or make an IL compiler/linker for x86. That'd be nice.

Marble_eater is pretty much right on the .Net redistributable. If you are just looking to protect your code, check out some different obfuscators. In most cases you really shouldn't worry about this too much -- no matter what you do, somebody somewhere will hack you system if they really wanted to. No offense, but I can almost guarantee that whatever you are making, no one really cares enough to hack it. If you are overly concerned, consider using a different language like C++ with native win32 compilation. Even then, there are no guarantees with regards to reverse engineering and decompilation. Except for hardware dongels...which is overkill in 99% of situations.

Back