Fonts Sampler

bri189a

Senior Contributor
Hey folks - getting the right font from the customer is always a pain for me (I like the ones that leave that petty detail to their system globalization - but some aren't so easy and get really detailed about exactly what they want rather than focusing on what the system should do) but I digress - so I have a sampler I put together that any of you can use - it's pretty basic, but perhaps it will help you, as it has helped me, get the font-style a customer wants finalized.

In trade I've never had to worry about a page that was so static that I would use cache techniques (my 9-5 job has extremely fluid pages), so I never got into how to properly use the OutputCache directive. This page is obviously very static. Playing with it all I manage to do was get the page to always show up at 22px font size no matter what font size I picked. So a quick lesson there would be great - vary by param seems to have to use query strings - the drop down list is auto post back so there is no query string. If anyone has any additional font styles (that aren't obscure and require special installation for most PCs) send me the font names in a PM and I'll add them to the data set. The ones there now are just from my PC and the server.

Thanks.

http://www.autumnhaze.org/Fonts.aspx

Back