End User Help? Please? ME & DirectX 9.0c

DaveC

Newcomer
I recently installed a nVidia FX5600 Ultra card, it's latest driver from nVidia and DirectX 9.0c on a Windows ME system. Most things work fine but several games such as Black Hawk Down will not run. After working with the game folks, we could not solve the problem but maybe have a clue. When I run dxdiag and click on Input, nothing is there and an error is thrown when I try to refresh it. The progress bar gets about half way an then hangs? I am told this is a DirectX / ME problem but can't find any help on the MSFT support site. When I installed the nVidia card which replaced an old ATI All-in-Wonder card, I simply shutdown, switched the cards and installed the nVidia drivers. I didn't do anything to de-install any ATI drivers or SW. Didn't think I needed to. Just thought I would mention in case there could be a conflict, although nothing indicates such.

I appreciate any help or pointers. I realize this is a developer forum so if you prefer to send me email rather than posting here, please do. Thanks for tolerating my cry for help!

dvcavall@yahoo.com :confused:

Back