Enabling a disabled control on another program.

mooman_fl

Centurion
I think the subject says it all. There is a disabled control in another program that I want to be able to enable. I had a program that did something similar before. I know it involves subclassing but I am not sure how it would be done. It is not a .NET program that contains the control. Any ideas?

I'm sure your previous method involved hooking the window and finding the right window handle. You can do the same thing in .NET - you'll just have to import the DLL calls.

Having said that, I hope you're not trying to get around any type of software restriction with this code. I'm sure whoever disabled the button had a good reason, right? :)

-Nerseus

LOL.... no I am not trying to crack anything. There is a process running on my computer right now. I used a program called hide-window to unhide it. It has a button on it that is disabled... I want to enable it.

I haven't hooked a control before to change its properties like that before. The only thing I have done along the lines of subclassing is intercepting events... and adding a child control. Was wondering if I could get an example or some pointers on how to accomplish this.

Any ideas?

Back