Empty project Template for Vb.net 2003 Standard Edition

Korillos

Newcomer
Hi Guys

I'm New in programming with vb.net.
Trying to do my "homework" given by a book I need this "Empty project Template" which is not included at the Standard edition of the Vb.net 2003
Could any body advice me what is this and how I can get it or construct it?

In VS 2003 if you go to File->New Project, select Visual Basic Projects on the left and look at the templates on the right pane what do you see?

It normally starts with 'windows Application' if you scroll down 'Empty Project' should be there.

Failing that create any kind of project and delete the files put there by default.

PlausiblyDamp said:
In VS 2003 if you go to File->New Project, select Visual Basic Projects on the left and look at the templates on the right pane what do you see?

It normally starts with 'windows Application' if you scroll down 'Empty Project' should be there.

Failing that create any kind of project and delete the files put there by default.

Let's take the 'Windows Application'.
There is a folder 'References', a file named 'AssemblyInfo.vb', and a form file.
You mean that I should erase all of them?
Is there any way to have an icon for a "ready made" Empty project template as a choise in the panel of the new Project form?

PlausiblyDamp said:
Everything except the references. What templates do you get in the list then?

There are 4 categories.
1. Visual Basic proj : a. Windows App
b. ASP.NET Web App
c. ASP.NET Mobile Web App
d. Console App
2. Setup + Depl proj : Set up proj
3. Db proj : Data Base proj
4. Vis.Studio Sol. : Blanc Solution

A solution and a project aren't the same. A blank solution would contain no projects at all, while an empty project would be a project for a specified language with default compiler options with no files (and most likely, no references other than mscorlib). VB.Net 2003 standard does not come with an Empty Project template.

You can always create a Console application (since this is the simplest one) and remove what you don't want. Either that or research the template system in Studio .Net 2003 and create a template for an empty project. Copying someone else's templates may involve licensing issues and not be technically legal.

Looking in the template folder right now, the templates seem as simple as a subfolder in the Wizards folder that contains a Script folder with a script file for the wizard (some subtle irony for you: default.js--javascript), and a template folder with template files. Google will probably help you find the details.

Back