Empty messagebox????

dakota97

Centurion
Hi all,

Ok, I've got a strange one here. I just installed VS 2005 Beta 2 to check out the new features. As we all know, it comes with the .Net framework 2.0 as well. Now, I don't know if this is a bug in the new version or what, but I'm having a problem with messageboxes showing up empty. There's just nothing in them no matter what text I set to be displayed. The OK button doesn't even have "Ok" written on it.

I first noticed it when I was showing a friend a point-of-sale program that I wrote using VS.Net 2003. The first few messageboxes that appear had nothing written in them. Then, the third or fourth one that was displayed finally had my text in it.

Is this a bug in the new framework, or is it a problem with my installation? I formatted my computer over the weekend and just got everything back up and running, but I've never had this problem before. I resinstalled everything just as I always do, but now I have this strange problem. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I don't believe I have experienced this (working both version of VS right now, but I don't recall seeing any odd behaviours..)

You could check this bug database and see if anyone else is having troubles
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/ProductFeedback/

Also, could you post the messagebox code that isn't working? Maybe there is a syntax issue or something is happenning that was legal but isn't anymore? Might be worth a shot to let a few more eyes peek at it.

Back