DPI Settings

KamandJJirbande

Newcomer
Hi buddies,
In fact I noticed that my application won't display correctly on DPI settings other than 96 DPI.
Well, this is a critical problem for me, I don't know how can I disregard it and show my application normally without problem?
What do you recommend at this state?
Thanks all... :confused:

Have you tried adding a manifest to your application and marking it as not being DPI aware?

If you are on VS 2008 you can add a manifest as a file to your project and add the following
Code:
<asmv3:application xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
    <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
      <dpiAware>true</dpiAware>
    </asmv3:windowsSettings>
  </asmv3:application>
to the file before the closing tag.

If you are on VS 2005 then you will need to tweak your project a little to get it to embed the manifest. I can dig up a post on this if you need it though.

Hi PlausiblyDamp,
I really thank you, if I can make my app not DPI aware I will be so happy.
In fact I am using VB.NET 2008
When I go to application properties there is a button named "View UAC Settings".
When I press this button I have a page with this content:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<asmv1:assembly manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" xmlns:asmv1="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" xmlns:asmv2="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0" name="MyApplication.app"/>
  <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
    <security>
      <requestedPrivileges xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
        <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false" />
      </requestedPrivileges>
    </security>
  </trustInfo>
</asmv1:assembly>
Is it where I should insert your code?
If so, where? There are big differences, please advise :)
Thank you sooo much... :p

Out of interest are you using C# or VB? Just curious as I'm not sure if VB does things different to C# on this - but yes insert my example before the line </asmv1:assembly> and see what it does.

Back