Distributing Applications on 30 days trial basis?

piscis

Regular
Gentleman:

Can you give me an idea on the Software or Code needed for distributing Windows Desktop Applications on 30 days trial basis and providing the user the option for turning the trial into a full version?

Thanks

Andy

If you need the code I could work it out for you. It would take me about a couple of hours. This is the classic method
When the application loads, read info from a text file such as a license file:

(1) if the file does not have a date the system writes a date 0 days in advance. (You can use a simple letter for number system for encrytion or something more complicated.)

(2) if the file has a date the program grabs the system date and checks to see which one is greater using the datediff function. If the program is beyond the 30 trial a message box pops up saying so and the app closes

(3) If the user requests a full license, send him a new license text file with an encrypted date 1/1/2030 . If you need to make this more fool proof there are ways to do this.

quahog:

What do you think about this?

Code:
You have finished your software, now it is time to distribute it!

ActiveLock is a free ActiveX control created to help you to add registration features, protect your programs from piracy and sell your programs online!

ActiveLock is powerful, flexible and 100% royalty-free.

Code:
http://www.activelock.com/about.html

Back