Distributing application with crystal report

devados

Newcomer
I have a cystal report control in my vb.net solution. I was able to build my solution without any errors. When I run it in the client pc,

I could not open the window which contains the crystal report viewer. The error appears as, dependencies not found for crystal decicions class. How can I solve this problem.

Is there any way to add these dependencies without adding a setup project?

What files I supposed to add?

My Dear i also have faced this problem

First of all you need to download Crystal Reports Murge Modules. it could be found from http://crystaldecisions.com

then add those murge modules in your setup Package. that zip file alos contain a pdf file realted to how to make a setup package with that

i hope it would work.

I did that. I added the following merge modules:
managed.msn
database_access.msm
database_access_enu.msm
regwiz.msm

licene key property of regwiz.msm must be filled:
xx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
(licence key was in this format. is it correct?)

following error appears while building the project:

G:\Visual Studio Projects\Setup3\Setup3.vdproj Could not find file 'E:\DOCUME~1\peter\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup3.msi\Managed.D93ED6F5_1D53_11D4_A53C_0090278A1BB8\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Managed\CrystalDecisions.Web.dll' 'Interface not registered'

what shoud i do to get this done?

Dear You dont need to add any additional packages. Just these packages will do every thing you want

The merge modules Crystal Reports 9 are available for download from the Crystal Care Technical Support web site at the following URL:
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/updates/
Once on the web site, search for the merge modules by selecting Crystal Reports from "Select a product," 9 from "Select a product version," and Product update from "Select a file type," and then click Go.
There are potentially four merge modules that need to be included in a setup project to deploy reports.
• reportengine.msm
• crnetruntime.msm
• mapping.msm
• license.msm

The reportengine.msm merge module is used to install the core files that comprise the Crystal Reports engine. This merge modules is always required for Crystal Reports 9 .NET applications.
The crnetruntime.msm merge module is used to install the Crystal Reports 9 .NET managed components, such as

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.DLL, CrystalDecisions.Web.DLL, and CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.DLL.

This merge module is required for all application using any of the managed .NET components.

The mapping.msm merge module is used to install the files required to support displaying geographic maps inside reports. This merge module is only required if geographic mapping is included in your reports.

The license.msm merge module is used to specify a license keycode in order to determine the scalability of the report engine. This merge module is always required for .NET applications. When license.msm is added to a setup project, it exposes a LicenseKey property that accepts a keycode. The license key is emailed when the product is registered. This key is also available from the VS .NET Help | About… dialog, under the installed products list. The 19-digit license key must be entered into the LicenseKey property for the license.msm merge module.
If the license key is not set for the license.msm merge module, an error will occur when building the project. If the setup is installed on a target computer without specifying the license key for the merge module, various “keycode.dll” errors will occur.

Since Crystal Report for VS .NET is based on the .NET Framework, the framework must also be distributed and/or installed on the target computer. When a setup project is created, usually the framework merge modules will be automatically included.
There are two other merge modules that may need to be included depending on the report(s). If any of the report files are based on ADO.NET dataset objects, the VC_CRT and VC_STL merge modules need to be included in the setup project. These two merge modules are required because the database driver, crdb_adoplus.dll, is dependent on files installed by these merge modules.
Important: When these two merge modules are added, there is a ‘MergeModuleProperties’ property for the file. If you expand that, one of the properties is “Module Retargetable Folder” – this is set to Default. Click on the drop down list to select a different folder from the default. Select the ‘Browse’ option and it will list the folders available on the target machine. A system folder will need to be added before you can set this as the new target folder.

I am using crystal report 8.00 and could not find any updates for .net

I think either I have to upgrade to cr 9.00 or continue with cr .net. Am I correct?

I dont have licenced cr 9.00. In this case my problem exists with cr.net only (which was shipped with vs.net)

I am not sure wheather I am correct. But this what I understood.

If I am continuing with cr.net can i use the vs.net licence key for cr.net. Please let me know.

Everytime I build the solution I am getting different errors.

following are the errors i get last 2 times i build the solution.

ERROR: Could not find file 'E:\DOCUME~1\peter\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup3.msi\Managed.D93ED6F5_1D53_11D4_A53C_0090278A1BB8\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Crystal.NET\CrystalDecisions.Web.dll' 'Interface not registered'

ERROR: Could not find file 'E:\DOCUME~1\peter\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup3.msi\Database_Access.BF125633_EFD6_11D3_A52F_00A0C9CA42BA\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\tslv.dll' 'Interface not registered'

can any one find out why its happening?

Ah, Tell me one thing, Why you are using CR 8 with .NET tool. coz it was an old version . if you have VS.NET then just install CR Components. i was thinking you are using Crystel Report 9.0, instead of using 8.0 with Visual Studio .NET you should use Crystal Reports For VS. Packaged with Visual Studio.NET or CR 9.0 . if you dont have a lisance then no problem you can use CR for .NET ,
just try doing one thing. Delete all temporary files from your temp Folder. Next there is one thing Visual Studio is unable to find dependency files for your CR 8 Reports. Coz it;s quoting that Unable to find FILE

beat me to it Madz....

yes you should use the CR that is shipped with VS. I'm using this with no problems.

Would one of you folks mind describing this process of finding the crystal 8 support files and adding them in to a web install of an app that "merely" displays a crystal report in a browser.

Thanks,
Howard

According to Crystal Decisions - Crystal Reports for Visual Studio.Net the required merge files (4) are :
Managed.MSM
Database_Access.MSM
Database_Access_enu.MSM
REGWIZ.MSM

Back