display pdf in windows app, using pdflib?

juanmiguel

Newcomer
hi, i'm trying to show a pdf file with in a form on my application, is there a way to do this?
I'm not asking you guys to totally solve my problem, but if you guys point me to the right direction, i'll really appreciate it.

I'm guessing that this is possible with the pdflib activex that comes with acrobat, but i just can't figure out where to start, tks a lot guys.

i'll keep trying on my own while i wait for any replies.
tks for your time.

Acrobat comes with an ActiveX to do just that.
In yout control toolbox select Add/Remove controls and select the COM tab and then look for a control that has a name which starts with Adobe (I dont remeber the full name :)).

tks

Tks mutant, i had the pdf.ocx already on my project, my problem was that i don't know what methods should i use to display the document on my form, and i don't if the document should be displayed on a form, picturebox, or any other control.
I searched the forum for the answer and there was a guy who did it, but he dos not explain how, and as matter of fact, you were the one who told him how to do it.

Please, would you help me a little bit to figure this out?
anybody?
tks for your time.

hi

hi,
mutant, i have now the acrobat control for activex on my form, tks for the tip, but now i can't make it work, when i try to run the form with the acrobat control on it, i recieve this error:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I tried removing and playing with the windows generated code but still no luck.

could some one please help me out.
tks for your time guys.

The error seems to happen when I change the PDF document from the one that was set first (which works). Ill have to look into this more later because I will be leaving shortly.

mutant

finally i got it to work, the problem was the acrobat control that is listed on the menu of add/remove items on the tool bar,
instead of choosing that one, i browsed to the acrobat reader folder and under the activex folder, there is another copy of the control (pdf.ocx), i choosed that one and now it works like a charm.
Tks for all your help.

Back