DirectPlay Xample in C#

Mykre

Regular
As promised here is a small example of using DP in a client server system. It is just a basic chat system. At the moment there are some small bugs in it and some unfinished sections but the base code is there and I will be updating it over the next week or so.

Attachments

Mykre said:
As promised here is a small example of using DP in a client server system. It is just a basic chat system. At the moment there are some small bugs in it and some unfinished sections but the base code is there and I will be updating it over the next week or so.

I think there are some chat samples which included in the SDK. DX Summer 2003 has more examples compare to the recent one.

Thanks... Downloaded it but I am going on vacation soon, look at it when i get back..

EDIT:
I think there are some chat samples which included in the SDK. DX Summer 2003 has more examples compare to the recent one.
I believe i saw it once, but microsofts extreme re-use of code, theyr classes, are really too big and often too advanced to learn learn from (well.. if you are willing and have the time to spend lots of hours just to get familiar in the code, it could be a complete and nice learning center....)

--Loffen

You should ask the admin to add this to the Code Respotory :-D its great :), although im not sure how to chat.. I started a session using the default IP: 127.0.0.1 and port 21.. server log says:
Starting Communications Server
Currently Hosting a session.

How do you chat? :-P

-The Pentiium Guy

ThePentiumGuy said:
You should ask the admin to add this to the Code Respotory :-D its great :), although im not sure how to chat.. I started a session using the default IP: 127.0.0.1 and port 21.. server log says:
Starting Communications Server
Currently Hosting a session.

How do you chat? :-P

-The Pentiium Guy

Thanks there are still some bugs and things I wish to work on, and will do today.

Remember that the server only processes messages, To chat you will need to have 2 clients running. At the moment the network addressing in the server does not work, the system will run on the localhost and on port 9798.

When the client starts enter the address of 127.0.0.1 and it will connect then type message in text box on the bottom and press send button. Messages will be displayed in the server window, and sent to the clients.

I will update non working functions of the GUI today.

Back