DirectDraw Brightness

CryoEnix

Regular
Hey all, once again I'm experimenting with new toys - this time directDraw. I'm creaing a game which - naturally - begins with a nice intro before hitting the title screen. Problem is, it currently just jumps from the last frame of the intro to the title. I'm thinking of implementing a 'fade to black' effect to smooth the transition, but I don't know how to adjust the brightness on the primary buffer. Any ideas how I could go about this?

I know how I would go about the timing, it's just the command to darken the buffer that's unknown to me.

Thanks!

There isnt one...

...well... not technically... although I suppose you could play with the display gamma...

What very limited DirectDraw experience I have is rusty, but there is probably some way to bring alpha transparency into the situation. Would it be possible to draw semi-transparent black rectangles over the whole screen at different alpha levels to create the fade effect. If DirectDraw doesn't directly support ARGB colors, I'm pretty sure that it can at least support ARGB PNG files.

Back