Direct X 9 playback prob

trixcomp

Newcomer
hi I have installed DX 9 SDK from microsoft. now any digital video file I play back crashes after I stop it. Has any else have this occure or any other dv video problems.

Is the a microsoft forum for direct X 9 like there is for asp.net?

Thanks

trix

Yes and yes.

The forum is microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.managed. I connect using Outlook Express. Go to Tools-Accounts then press the Add->News button. The server name is msnews.microsoft.com.

After I installed the DirectX 8 SDK my Digital Camcorder started having problems when burning movies from tape and back to tape after I'd modified them. I get the same problems now that DirectX 9 is installed. They're mostly DEBUG ASSERT messages generated from direct show (filtergraph messages) that I can click "No" on (to not go to debugging), but it interrupts my movies waaaay too often and never in the same place or at a particular point in time. I never got a workaround while using Pinnacle Studio. I started using Microsoft's Movie Maker to rip the movies to my hard drive which doesn't seem to generate the MessageBox's. But when I still had problems burning back to tape, I just moved my firewire card to another machine and everything works fine.

I've seen some messages on the MS newsgroup related to video, but mostly with performance issues - nothing that I saw about other problems like mine.

Let me know if you ever figure out how to get around the errors :)

-Nerseus

Back