Difference between Debug Release

as far as I can fatham, nothing. You get an extra file that holds the debug information, which is sooo much more usefull when something goes wrong.

I actually send out my app with the debugs cos its easier to fix, the customers dont care how mad the error is, IMO.

I stand corrected, I did a test this morning and found my file sizes were different, quite a bit in fact.

616 KB (630,784 bytes) - debug
584 KB (598,016 bytes) -release

And as the answer to your question: :cool:

The Debug configuration of your program is compiled with full symbolic debug information in Microsoft format and no optimization (optimization complicates debugging, since the relationship between source code and generated instructions is more complex).
The Release configuration of your program is fully optimized and contains no symbolic debug information. Debug information may be generated in separate PDB files.

In VS Difference between bin, obj, debug, release?

The programs that are made in those folders all seem the same. What is the difference between them and which one do I really need?

Last edited:
Thank you. I forgot I posted this, so please don't answer this part of my other post. I will give a link here from there.

The debug version it is not optimized, and include debug symbol information so you can debug your project.

The release versión is the optimized one, no debug info is avalaibe so you can't use breakpoints and other nuts of debbuging. Also it is a faster version and generally smaller.

Whe you deploy your application you deploy the release version

Back