Design a program that makes an executable program

Vetrijar

Regular
Ok, I KNOW it can be done because you can download programs made through visual basic that already do this. What I need to know is how to do it myself.

How do you make an executable program through a program? I want to be able to (for example) create a program that lets the user design maybe a game, or add a PPT for for presentations in a plug in, and then have the program compile the information and create an exe from it that the user can click on.

Is there a plugin that already allows this? Like an OCX for or .NET file that can be used with visual basic.net ? Or is this some long coding that has to be done? If so, does anyone have any website that show the steps? I can't find ANYTHING, nor find any keywords in a search engine that even bring up the subject about this.

Please help!

Vetrijar said:
Ok, I KNOW it can be done because you can download programs made through visual basic that already do this. What I need to know is how to do it myself.

How do you make an executable program through a program? I want to be able to (for example) create a program that lets the user design maybe a game, or add a PPT for for presentations in a plug in, and then have the program compile the information and create an exe from it that the user can click on.

Is there a plugin that already allows this? Like an OCX for or .NET file that can be used with visual basic.net ? Or is this some long coding that has to be done? If so, does anyone have any website that show the steps? I can't find ANYTHING, nor find any keywords in a search engine that even bring up the subject about this.

Please help!
Making the exe is nothing more than executing the desired compiler from within your application agains some code file your application generates. The difficulty lies in getting all the user options to generate the correct code that needs to be executed.

Joe Mamma said:
Making the exe is nothing more than executing the desired compiler from within your application agains some code file your application generates. The difficulty lies in getting all the user options to generate the correct code that needs to be executed.

Is there any simple examples that shows this? I did some programming
of assembly compilers, linkers, and stuff years ago. Only did DOS style
compiling. That was with C++. With VB.NET I'm wanting to do a
visual form. There was a short sample on microsoft's website that
showed the compiler from VB.NET but it only did a dos style window.
how do you do a visual style window that shows (like a normal xp window)
?? any samples please if you know of any or helpful sites

thx

Back