Deployment issues

hog

Senior Contributor
I have had a look at the page you pointed us all to Divil, but am still getting problems.

1. I downloaded the setup.exe sample, I get 'fxCopSourceSetup.msi missing when I run it.

2. Can find anywhere to download the source code sample

anyone out there know anything about this?

You have to re-build your set-up file for example say SetUp1. The msi file while be created automatically which is SetUp1.msi. You have add the set-up.exe which you have downloaded from the site which divil has provided. In the ini file you have modify fxCopSourceSetup.msi with the set-up file name with SetUp1.msi. Then it should work properly. Also, i think, i am not sure, you have to download the framework which is 23 MB. I haven't tried it yet.

Hope it helps.

OK, thanks I had started to wonder down that road so at least.

However when I have included the correct path to the msi in settings.ini and then run setup.exe this happens:

1. click ok to start

2. setup is working, this may take a few minutes

3. application setup has failed. if problem persist contact support

I have.

I have my test solution setup program built into the debug folder. I have copied the bootstrap setup.exe file and the settings.ini file into the debug folder and that is the error I get

is this something to do with bwells thread re the dotnetfx.exe being run is the packed one not the unpacked? I have tried to run the dotnetfx.exe I have but it wants to install the framework.

OK either with or without .net framework installed I only have one dotnetfx.exe file. Also whether the framework is installed or not I still get application error. If I runthe msi from my solution it installs ok so it must be the bootstrap setup.exe that's going wrong somewhere

Back