Deployment execution error

johansenng

Newcomer
Hi,
i have create a setup file for my application and installed it successfully into another computer (my friend's computer).. However, when i execute the file (database.exe), it shows a dialog box stating that the application has generated a exception that could not be handled..

Can i know how do i track the exception error back to my coding .. cos my friend dont have a debugger and dont intend on installing one. Thanks for any help...

Attached is the screen shot...

Thanks for the help again..

Attachments

mdac ver2.5

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have installed mdac ver2.5 into his system but the application gave a exception saying that it requires mdac ver2.6 and above. (But ver2.6 and above dont support microsoft jet oledb, which i use for access2000).

Thus can you advise me on what i should do?
Do i have to change from Jet to other data providers? or is there a way to work around the support for mdac ver 2.6 with jet support.. Thanks again.

attached is the error sceen...

ok thanks for the help... anyway, i installed the application onto my another friend's laptop, running WinXP, and it work perfectly without the errors i met up with in Win98.

Thanks for the help.. : )

I deployed a program yesterday and had the same proplem requires mdac ver2.6 and above. I installed 2.7 over my 2.5 and it wasnt a problem then.... so i think just install 2.7!

Back