Deploying Crystal Report With .NET Windows application

mosfiq

Newcomer
Dear All,
I built a windows application with Visual Studio .NET, C#, Oracle 9i as database. Reporting is done with Crystal Report (embedded in Visual Studio .NET). For reporting there is another different project. I use the dll of the Report project in main application to access the reports. Reports use ADO.NET Datasets as Datasource.

For deployment purpose I built a setup project using windows installer. I did provide the report file in setup project. I also include the required merge modules .... Database_Access.msm, Database_Access_enu.msm, Managed.msm and regwiz. My .NET framework sdk version is 1.0.

Now in client machine I install the following things sequencialy.
1. MDAC2.7
2. Dotnetfx.exe (Microsoft .NET Framework SDK 1.0)
3. Oracle 9i
4. My Application with the installer

All the functionality are ok after installation except Report.
When I invoke a report for preview it shows the following error..
Query Engine Error : 'C:\Docume~1\Admini~1\Locals~1\Temp\temp_fa7d0d0b-2346-44df-ad41-535b5774c79d.rpt'

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM !!!

In a client machine where .NET Framework was installed previously with Visual Studio .NET, I de-installed the .NET Framework and Visual Studio .NET. Then again I reinstall only the framework SDK 1.0 with Dotnetfx.exe. Now here report works fine after installing my Application. Why?

Sorry for the long description guys.
Mosfiq

Dear All,
I did solve the problem myself. You know I used ADO.NET Dataset as Data source for reports. And it requires two merge modules VC_CRT.msm and VC_STL.msm to be added with the set up project when ADO.NET dataset is used as report data source.
Thanks.
Mosfiq

Back