deploy to my SERVICE PROVIDER

Drstein99

Junior Contributor
I wrote a test app in asp.net for the first time and it works locally, and across my internal network.

I copyied all the files via ftp to my host provider, in a folder, and cant seem to get the application to run

What steps am I missing? It says I have to install on the remote computer but I can't do that - being I dont have access to their computer room! Please help!

I just found out my hosting was on a unix server after I called tech support. I had to upgrade my package to a business suite, to include ASP.NET MS HOSTING. $13.00 A MONTH, I hope it's not a ripoff. but i get plenty of space and 500 e-mail accounts (I dont know 500 people).

$13.00 / month doesn't sound totally unreasonable, depending on how much space you get, however, if I can make a recommendation, I'd like to recommend www.m6.net

They offer a Package for $16.95/month that has about 4GB of space, 80GB of bandwidth, unlimited emails, and you can host up to 6 websites on it.

That's just my personal preference, and I have all of my clients on it.

-Anthony

All I need was an upgrade to MS ASP.NET hosting, I wasnt looking for expansion in space or bandwidth. I barely use what little I am occupiying now, simply experimenting in developing and learning w/ research.

AND $16.95 is $3.95 MORE a month then I'm forced to pay now which is $13.00 MORE a month then I didnt pay before (free contract for three years).

I hope I can find a use for gigs of data and re/bandwidth, boy I might be able to earn some money off that eh?
-----------------------------------

DrStein99

Back