DefaultDomain' has exited with code 0 (0x0)

jahuer1

Newcomer
I am writing a WebService in VB.NET. So I just started by the dummy "helloWorld". I can compile the dummy without problems. But when I want to run, these errors occur:
1.) Messagebox with "Error while trying to run project"
2.) In the Output-Debug Box the list like:
'/LM/w3svc/1/root/MyService-4-127819837944665120': Loaded 'c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.xml\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.xml.dll', No symbols loaded.
'/LM/w3svc/1/root/MyService-4-127819837944665120': Loaded 'c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.web.regularexpressions\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.web.regularexpressions.dll', No symbols loaded.
The program '[4936] aspnet_wp.exe: DefaultDomain' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[4936] aspnet_wp.exe: /LM/w3svc/1/root/MyService-4-127819837944665120' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Any idea why this happens???

Does the messagebox give any other message / detail other than what you poosted above?
If you try to step through the code (if possible) does it fail on a particular line?

Found 1 solution

PlausiblyDamp said:
Does the messagebox give any other message / detail other than what you poosted above?
If you try to step through the code (if possible) does it fail on a particular line?

1. There is no further info in the Messagebox
2. I cannot debug! The error occurs just after pressing F5...

Half-Solution:
- some proxy settings where wrong. So now I am able to run the webservice by the Internet Explorer - and so I "can use it".

- But: I am still unable to debug!!! -> no F5

A second new problem arised:
I cannot add a webreference to an external WebService in the SolutionExplorer. The Add-Wizard do find the WebService, but the "Add Reference" button remains gray and it is claimed that:
"The proxy settings on this computer are not configured correctly for web discovery." The help says: "...you must include the address and port of your network's proxy server in the URL...". Okay, but how to do?

You will be unable to browse to a web service via Visual Studio if you have a proxy that requires authentication information to be provided, in that case you can use the command line WSDL.EXE tool to generate the wrapper class. WSDL /? will give you the command line arguments needed to do this.

Last edited:
Back