datagrid new-row-edit-event? & dialogue with multiple combo-box feedback?

Beomer

Newcomer
Hi folks...

In my datagrid the last row can be used to add a new data-set. when this line is selected, or when it's editing process is finished, so when such a new dataset is submitted to the datasource i want the user to make some specific choices according this set of data.

So it would be ideal if I could catch the event when this new line is added/commited to the datasource or when the row is selected or when it starts getting edited...

Are there any such events telling me, that this new row is selected, edited, finished editing? otherwise i would have to try to catch the new lines when they are put into the database... but it would be easier in my opinion to do this right when the line is created...

And then, for this choices to make i would like to use some kind of a dialogue holding 2 or more combo-boxes whose selected values are returned when the dialogue closes...

Is the best solution for this to open a complete new form holding the combo-boxes and an "Select" Button that closes the dialogue and gets the selected items from the combo-boxes to put it into the datagrid...

Or is there an easier way without creating a whole new form? Some kind of standard-dialogue where i can place my combo-boxes...?

i would appreciate any ideas, comments or helps :)

ciao

Sven

Back