Datagrid code repository

penfold69

Centurion
I've been working with the Windows Forms datagrid (groan) for some time, and have built up a small collection of classes (that are by no means complete), that handle things like combobox columns, multiline textbox columns, clickable boolean columns, and coloured rows based on values.

I'm wondering if some enterprising person would like to take a copy of these and host them somewhere (in source form) so that we, as a community, can create a complete datagrid control that exceeds the capability of the base Datagrid class.

They're not very neat, and some work could be done to merge the functionality of them (for example, the colored rows code could be merged into the base datacolumn class, and then the combobox/multiline code could inherit from that class).

I have to stress that its not "all" my own work - much thanks to authors here, and at vbcodecentral for a lot of the work and/or inspiration.

So, if anyone would be interested, post here and I'll see if I can tidy up the code somewhat and pass it on.

Barry.

I also would like to have a look at this code, as I have been struggling with the whole datetime picker in a datagrid and I'm sure this would shed some light on the subject.

Cheers

Simon

Why don't you just write some text to explain it and send it to codeproject.com ?
yes, or start up a project on sourceforge? There's bound to be several open source code repository alternatives available to you.

Back