Datagrid Button apparently not firing....

SteveoAtilla

Regular
Okay.

I've got an ASP application in VB with a datagrid (well, two, actually) on a page.

The first one simply displays the current set of accessories tied to a product. The second has a list of products based on a category selection. There is one button on the Datagrid (one per row, of course) to select a part to add to the accessories list. It is currently set to a "Select" button with a text value of "Add".

I have the code in the "dgProducts_SelectedIndexChanged" procedure to supposedly handle the click event on the button, but when I click the button, all I get is the postback event which re-draws the page without the datagrid being bound anymore.

I have another form with very similar functionality that works perfectly, and I have compared the code line-by-line and am not seeing any differences.

I took out all of the complicated SQL Stored Procedure code and put in a simple "Server.Transfer" command, and even that doesn't fire.

What am I missing?

Code:
Private Sub dgAccessoryTable_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles dgAccessoryTable.SelectedIndexChanged
Server.Transfer("Default.aspx")
End Sub

Like I said, there is another datagrid on another page that works perfectly. That one simply sets a session variable and does a server.transfer. Why is this one so different????

Thanks in advance,

Kahuna

Back