Custom Control (using the class rather than the .dll)

3xodus

Freshman
Hi,

I've just started looking into writing my own controls - I just ran through a tutorial, downloaded a few samples, played around a bit etc, and I was wondering... Is there any way to use my new controls without distributing the .dll?

A project I'm working on is small and will be disributed via my website - probably less than 50 people will ever use it. I want to distribute it as a single executable, which I can do if I don't use my control it seems.

Is there a way to just use my controls Class (one .cs file) to use my control, rather than using the .dll which I would have to distribute?

Thankyou :)

Hi 3xodus,

Under Project, select Add User Control. This will add another .cs file to your project. Just build your user control as normal and it will be included in your project as a separate class. You can use your new Control from the ToolBox like any other control.

Ah thanks DiverDan, I'll give it a shot ina few minutes.

To be honest, I ignored that menu-item as I assumed it would do the same as rightclicking the toolbox and Add/Remove Items, and therefore I'd have to use the DLL.

Thanks for the fast response too ;)

- 3xodus.

Back