Crystal Reports and ASP.NET

Disco_gal_1

Newcomer
I am using Crystal Reports and ASP.NET via the Crystal Report Viewer that comes with .NET. I can view reports unless they have parameters. My VB.NET applications use the default crystal dialog box to prompt for parameters if they are need but in ASP.Net I get the following error:

Server Error in '/XXX' Application.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Missing parameter field current value.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ParameterFieldCurrentValueException: Missing parameter field current value.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

I would assume that ASP.NET should be able to prompt for parameters by default. I can pass the parameter programatically and it works. We have lots of reports so I would prefer the default Crystal dialog prompt. Any ideas on why this does not work in ASP.NET but works in VB.NET?

Thanks!
Keri

I binded the "prompt" data in the code..

Also search the Reports forum here:

Code:
  paramField.ParameterFieldName = "Print Incident"
            discreteVal.Value = txtIncidID.Text
            paramField.CurrentValues.Add(discreteVal)
            paramFields.Add(paramField)
            CrystalReportViewer1.ParameterFieldInfo = paramFields

Back