Crystal "Full Version"

barski

Junior Contributor
I've worked on this all day but with no luck. I went to crystal decisions and they have a nice document explaining that you are using "the full crystal 9 version" then include the following merge modules

reportengine.msm
crnetruntime.msm
mapping.msm
license.msm (Include the license key here from the vs net help about)

but when I get an error message saying can't find free version of crystal. I've registered with crystal and I even downloaded the interactive installer where you install the merge modules separately and you have to install the license key and it installed with out giving any errors so I really don't think the issue is the license key.

Moreover when I was using the crystal reports for vs net all worked fine when I included the 5 or 6 merge modules(different ones of course) but no luck.

Figured it out I included the crt and stl merge modules. For those of you interested this all started because I needed a horizontal display of the summarized values which is not possible with crystal for visual studio so I developed the report with cr 9 advanced which meant I had to install different modules because when viewed with the crystal vs the horizontal display goes away.

Even with appropriate modules installed the cross tab will not display correctly unless you save data with report so the report loads before refreshing it. I know it sounds goofy but I without saved data no format with saved data works fine.

Back