Creating an executable

phreaky

Regular
Hi, I know this could be a newbie question but, I really don't know how to do it and I have been trying for many hours and nothing, after finishing programming my Windows Application in Visual Basic .NET, how do I make an .exe file so I can distribute it?, I know it creates an .exe file in the subfolder of the project/bin, but I can't distribute this executable because it gives an BIG error, so, please help me, thanks.

I was taking it from the \bin directory, but when I try to run it in another PC that's not mine it just gives me an error, in fact, it gives me different ones, a friend's tried a it gives an error about it cannot be run and it gives a memory address error and I tried to use it in my other PC and it says I didn't have mscoree.dll, when I tried to copy it from a PC to another it just gave me an error about the register, so, how do I satisfy the options needed by a computer to run my application?.

I read about the other topic with the Install Shield, but, it's normal that Applications created with VB need some DLLs that you can find on the internet, but, if you copy them and it gives error about the registry, how do you do then???

Yes, in fact mine does have it, another friend's PC have them and it worked. Now, my question is, how do I install .NET frame networks with PCs with Windows non XP?, does the Windows Update for 9x, ME, NT and/or 2000 actualizes that?

Back