Create Windows app on Networked Server

GornHorse

Centurion
Hi there,

I have created a windows application on a networked server called "NS1". When i set up the new project, i specified the folder path as "//NS1/VS Projects/MAD/MAD v1.0/Project/".

The folder was created successfully, and all the files open into the solution box, and it all updates excellently.

Please note, that i have another copy of the exact same solution on the development system, which debugs and runs perfectly.

When i run the networked version through the debugger, it gets to

Public Sub New()
MyBase.New()

and it fries itself. It comes up with the following error:
"An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Invalid URL."

What on earth does this mean??

When i go to view this same form's design view in Visual Studio, it does not show the design, but instead it displays the following error:
"An error occurred while loading the document. Fix this error, and then try loading the document again. The error message follows:
Invalid URL."

What on earth does this mean?

Also, for your information, the networked server that the project folder is sitting on now has the .NET Development Environment on it. It originally didn't, and the error appeared, so i installed it, but the error is the same anyway.

If you have any information that could help with my problem, please let me know as soon as possible.

Regards,
Michelle :confused:

Sounds like you played with the section labeled Windows Form Designer generated code.

The Sub New you are referring to, what class does it inherit from? And is the MyBase.New() the first think that runs when you begin debugging by stepping into the code?

Hi There,

I managed to fix this by changing the configuration settings to enable the local intranet to be trusted. Eg, it was not loading correctly as this point because it did not trust the networked system that the code was comming from.

This is now working.

Thanks for your response though.

Regards,
Michelle

Back