Create silent install with .NET

mcerk

Regular
Ok. I want to create setup, that would silently install required dll's.
I inserted this msms:
VC User CRT71 RTL X86 ---.msm
VC User STL71 RTL X86 ---.msm

Crystal_regwiz2003.msm
Crystal_Managed2003.msm
Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm

But if I Build this project, It allso creates user interface.

How can I create a project that wouldn't ask me anything, but just install dll's in this msms.

tx

matej

Well, you can silently install the msi from the command prompt with the line:

msiexec /qn /i "c:\directory\file.msi"

And if you know your product code, which never changes unless you make it change for some reason, you can silently uninstall your app too:

msiexec /qn /x {A6BEEC86-7742-42ED-B4F3-9C5C7126B4FE}

Hope that helps.

- Pinky

I don't like silent installs as the client should know what is being installed, you would be suprised how sensitive IT Admins can be if stuff is installed without them knowing about it.

ok, I can be specific.

I'm trying to create install with Inno Setup. And I'd like to install (bundle Crystal Reports dll's for Visual Studio .NET 2003). The problem is, that this dlls are not included into .NET Framework. And allso - I do not know which dll's need to be installed. So, I would like to create a package of this dll's with other setup (for ex. VS.NET) and then run it (silently) from Inno Setup.

I don't do silent installs. I pulled those two lines from a batch file I have sitting on my desktop that allows me to quickly reinstall a new build of my app without having to go to Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs, blah blah. I became annoyed with that process very quickly. :D

Back