cookie

wissam1

Newcomer
hello

my first question :
what do you mean by credentials?and can you give me an example how can i save thes credentials?
second question:
i know in the event of the sign out button there is a code to remove the persistent cookie so what is the benefit of the persistent cookie in this case when the user presses the sign out button?
third question
i know when the user connects to the webserver then a unique session id will be give to this user and will be stored in the memory of the webserver so when the user closes the browser or when he does not make request for any page within the session time so my question does the session id in this case the session id will be deleted from the memory of the webserver?
fourth question
what is the concept of the ispostback property?and is there specific controls that is specialized to make postback action?
fifth question
where the cookie by default will be stored on the users machine and how can i change the directory of the cookie

thank you for the help and for the time

Q1:
Credentials mean username and password

Q2:
If you don't sign out the cookie will not be removed, so when the users visits the website again he doesn't need to type in his username and password.

Q3:
I'm not sure, but I think so, since it expires...

Q4:
IsPostBack property is false when you load a page for the first time. Now if you click on a button or anything the cause the page to postback to the server, IsPostBack is true. This is usually used to know that the action is a postback.

Q5:
Cookies are stored in the temporary internet files folder. You can change it, its some where in the internet options

Back