Control stops working

ehelin

Freshman
Hi:

Has anyone noticed at points a control may stop performing a function it is supposed to...and then restarts? I know this is very broad and I would say that the programmer was doing something stupid (entirely possible <grin!>), but since I'm the programmer and one of my collegues is using the same control in the same manner, I thought I would throw this out and see if there are any responses. In this particular example, I'm using an infragistics combo box and the auto complete stops working (yes, I have already looked at their site...nothing helpful). However, I have seen similar things in other controls...kinda like when the intellisense on the ide quits working...you have to restart the ide and its fine.

Culprit

Hi:

I suspect the culprit to this is bad multi-threading on my load...so, practice safe multithreading...avoid it if possible <grin!> or use delegates. Wile also had a good example of how to access the gui from a separate thread...just do a search on the forum.

Thanks to all who read!

Eric

ehelin said:
Hi:

Has anyone noticed at points a control may stop performing a function it is supposed to...and then restarts? I know this is very broad and I would say that the programmer was doing something stupid (entirely possible <grin!>), but since I'm the programmer and one of my collegues is using the same control in the same manner, I thought I would throw this out and see if there are any responses. In this particular example, I'm using an infragistics combo box and the auto complete stops working (yes, I have already looked at their site...nothing helpful). However, I have seen similar things in other controls...kinda like when the intellisense on the ide quits working...you have to restart the ide and its fine.

Back