consuming web services: need help

kaisersoze

Centurion
hi,
I developed a web services, and in a client (asp.net application) added the web reference and the application is working great on my development machine. I packaged my webservices and client application separately, deployed it on testing server. Web services are working great (when i call them directly) but, when the client application makes a call to the web service I get an error. I tought the call is going to my local machine. So, what I did is, I added web reference pointing to the service, complied and works fine (my local machine is connecting to testing server's web service). I rebuilt the application and deployed to the server. I still get an error. How to deploy an application which is refering to a service developed internally, and move the site to production with minimum changes.

This is usually related to the framework versions or security setting differences on the two machines. Do they both have the same version of IIS and the framework installed? Does the ASPNET user have access to what is needed to call the web service?

Well my mistake. The client was not talking (not connecting) to the web service server. The error was not friendly to identify the problem. It took time but later after resolving the connection porblem then it worked. The problem for connection in my case was the web server was in DMZ zone and server which is hostig web services was inside firewall.

Thanks for you replies. consider this as close and let me know if anyone need any further details about the query.

Back