Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program

jccorner

Centurion
Has anyone else run into this issue?? I have a form with a tab control with over two thousand controls and when I go to run, this is the error I receive. Appreicate any help.

snarfblam

Ultimate Contributor
MSDN said:
InvalidProgramException

The exception that is thrown when a program contains invalid Microsoft intermediate language (MSIL) or metadata. Generally this indicates a bug in the compiler that generated the program.
As the text says, this could be due to a compiler bug. I believe that this exception also occurs when unverifiable code is encountered. This can also happen when you use certain features such as unsafe code (C#). Since the designer still works, this is most likely not a problem occuring in designer generated code. Unfortunately, with an error message so vague good help is hard to provide.

One other suggestion that might hint at the nature of the issue is to change your .Net runtime configuration (I'm not sure how, but it can be found in MSDN) to run unverifiable code and see if it resolves this issue. If so, then the code you are using (or a bug in the compiler) is producing unverifiable code.

There is an MSDN article that discusses this exception.

Top Bottom