Command button change?

Ywing

Newcomer
Hello:
How can I detect the command button once it is click by the user in boolean format? For Example:

In VB6, once a command button is click,
commandbutton.value = True
and when release the click it is False.

How to do that in VB.NET? the commandbutton.value is not support by .NET anymore. Pls advice? Thanks...

VB6's CommandButton never had that; you are thinking of the CheckBox.
If you set the CheckBox's 'Appearance' property to 'Button', it will
be a toggle button.

I am not using any check box. It is a command button. The commandbutton.value had no replacement. Refer to:

.NET HELP( inside .NET program)
ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/vbcon/html/vxconchangestocommandbuttoncontrolinvisualbasicnet.htm

(Website)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...gestocommandbuttoncontrolinvisualbasicnet.asp

Please refer to "*********.value" , there is no replacement!!!???
So any advice that i can use back the old command? Or any other way round to determined the command button toggle point?

Last edited:
My program needs to determined the clicking to assign a particular pointer. I already use the mouse up, mouse down command etc. WHat i need is to determined rather the mouse click(command control click) to give me the Boolean comparison. So, any solution/suggestions to my question? Thanks...

I wanna use the command button, I am doing a handphone like arrow key to select the particular informations. I am doing a handphone like simulation on the VB.NET

Then you'll have to write the code yourself. Declare a boolean variable and change it where you need to, be it in the click event, mousedown or whatever.

Are there any coade in VB.NET to replace the buttoncommand.value = True in VB6? Any clue? because i do not want to rewrite all my code.

write a user control the inherits the Command Button then add the property 'value'. When the click event happens altinate this value between true and false

I am NEW to the .NET environment, I will try to use the inherit. I have to recall back the inherit in C++, since i never use C++ in 3 years. Thanks anyway.

Back