Combobox/DropDownList question

Sensation

Newcomer
Hi all.
I'm not sure on where to post this but since I'm using VWD so I'm guessing this is the place to post my question.

Anyways, here are my questions/concerns:

1. I have this drop down box with 3 items on it, lets say if i click item 'A' in the drop down box. an image beside (outside the dropdownbox) will appear. how do I do it on c#? (I can code stuffs on VWD using c# right?)

2. Do I need a database for it? Or just a folder located inside my project?

Im guessing this has to do with dragging dropdownlist and image from the toolbox to the form/webpage...

I have no idea on how to use c# yet so I just need the ones I mentioned for now.
And I can make the stuffs I mentioned in JavaScript I just want to see if the one I made can be replicated using c# in VWD.

Thanks for anyone who would help in advance...

Last edited:
If you drag the two controls to the page then you can set the AutoPostBack property of the drop down to true and it's items collection to the entries you want.

Double click the drop down and you should be in it's SelectedIndexChanged (or something like that) event handler - in here you can refer to the drop down control's SelectedItem / SelectedIndex / SelectedValue property to discover which item was selected.

The Image control has an ImageUrl property you can set to load the appropriate image.

Back