Com

• Thread starter Thread starter DeSerializeMe
  • Start date Start date
D

DeSerializeMe

Hi guys
I am using a com dll in my project and it works great, however when i try to deploy it and i add Project output to my setup i get this error message:
The following Files may have dependencies that connot be determinded automaticly. Please confirm that all dependencies have been added to project
c:\winnt\system32\diwhois.dll
c:\winnt\system32\shdocvw.dll

It works great on my project... what an i doing wrong? how can i fix the dependencies.... i did some research but no luck
It would be great if you guys could help!
Thanks

You should not be trying to include shdocvw.dll as part of
your project. It is only distributable as part of IE.
Without knowing what diwhois.dll is, it is hard to say how it
should be handled. But whoever you got it from, they should
have instructions about what, if any, dependencies to include.

and when i added a setup project i added output in it... and thats when i get that error.
About DIwhois.dll i have no docs, but it works however it gives me same error as for the other one...

BTW i just added ms web browser to my project, i didnt add anything myself... it was added automaticly

The ms web browser is part of IE. Once again, it shouldn't be
part of your install package. I don't know why it isn't smart
enough to know that, but I would try to take it out. I expect the
diwhois.dll doesn't have any dependencies so you can probably
ignore the warning for it.

[edit]When I say take it out, I mean from the install package, not
the project. Obviously, you need it in the project but it should
depend on the IE components already installed on the target
computer.[/edit]

I cant remove it from set up...
I got diwhois.dll twice, one it shows it got dependency and other other just a file
same for shdocw.dll i got that as a file but another one which shows as
interop.shdocvw.dll which has all its dependencies...
Im totaly lost...
It is a really small project... do you think i can email you ..?
Again i cant remove those to files...

You can't remove it, but you can Exclude it. Highlight the dependancy in the solution explorer and change the property in the property grid.

Yahoo
It worked, thans a bunch
one last question...
I picked desktop creating true, and program files true... however it does not create a short cut in desktop neither in start programs... how come?
Any suggestions?

No i didnt get it
what file should i pick as desktop creating? i picked ouput but then from the desktop link it gives error but if you go to folder and try to runit it works fine..
when i check the deks top short cut it created it, it doesnt show the whole path but just filenane.exe ....
how do i make it so it add itself to program files plus short cut in program + short cut in desktop?

Back