COM Object cannot be deployed

georgepatotk

Contributor
I am writing a small text-speech program, when the user type in the word, the program will speak it out.

However, it works fine in my PC, but, it can't work in other PCs ( using deployment). I dont' know why.

I had used SpeechLib.dll in the program. It shows me
"COM object with CLSID {UID} is either not valid or not registered"

Could anyone tell me why?? Thanks

I find that deploying certain COM Objects has nasty results. I have still not found a way to deploy the MSCOMM control with a .net app (regardless if I include the entire com kitchen sink with the deployment) I get get a message that the control is not "licensed" for use. Then I started reading up on license files and actually created one, but was lost at what to do beyond that. Now I am just using pure net classes and deploying apps via Inno Setup (free)

If you are using COM components then either they need to already be present on the target machine, or you will need to create a deployment project that will deploy and register the required files if you are legally allowed to do so. If the components are part of another software package i.e. office then the destination machine will need a licensed copy of the software already installed.

You need MS Speech

Hi, I use the same program, and you need to install MS SPeech SDK on the client machine in order for the sound to work. You will still need to deploy the COM.

------

georgepatotk said:
I am writing a small text-speech program, when the user type in the word, the program will speak it out.

However, it works fine in my PC, but, it can't work in other PCs ( using deployment). I dont' know why.

I had used SpeechLib.dll in the program. It shows me
"COM object with CLSID {UID} is either not valid or not registered"

Could anyone tell me why?? Thanks

changobutt,
Thanks a lot for the solution. Is that mean MS Speech SDK is the only one kit needed to be installed? OK, I will check it out.
Thanks a lot..

Back