[code=CANT_CONNECT_LOOPBACK]

takesoln

Newcomer
Dear All,

I get the error following error when I try to access my ASP.NET application through IE

Server Error
The following error occurred:
Code:
 Cannot connect due to potential loopback problems 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------Please contact the administrator.  [/B]

I googled for the error, and it was suggested that i uncheck the 
[B]"Automatically detect settings"[/B] check box under [B]IE->Tools->Internet Options-> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Automatically detect settings check box[/B]

I did that, and the problem still persists. 

I noticed that when I say Http://Localhost/MYApp, it automatically re-directs to some other IP address.I also tried using my machine name, in place of Localhost. Still doesn't work ! Could it be a problem with the DNS ? ( My organisation's domain allocates dynamic IPs every time i logon to the network)

I also tried opening a new asp.net web application, but this does not happen either ! 

I am using IE 6 and IIS 5.0

Any clues what needs to be done ? 

Thanks in advance :) 
Regards,
Take

Last edited:
If you try using http://127.0.0.1/MyApp what happens? Can you ping localhost? If so what address is it resolving to?

If you have a proxy server configured under IE try either turning it off or make sure the 'Bypass proxy for local addresses' option is turned on. Failing that add localhost and your machine name into the exceptions bit of the proxy configuration.

Back