Cms

Tamer_Ahmed

Centurion
Hi Every one
i hearded about content management system alot but i don't what is this software do and actually what is the purpose of it and how it can help me in my sites and does all sites using content management system
can anyone give me more Details about it

If you want to know in general terms what a web cms system is, this article should help get you started in the right direction. It is the first in a series of four articles that I have composed. At the end of each article is a link to the next article so you should be able to follow them through from start to finish. None of them are very long as I wanted to make it an easy read that can be taken in during a reasonable amount of time yet still be informative.

For a demonstration of a website that is ran by a cms system, my site is one such site. It is driven by a cms package known as PostNuke, a system written in the PHP language with MySQL as the back end database.

Now, I know how some are loyal to their language of choice, so please do not feel tht I am saying this is the only solution. I happened to come across it first and really like the way it works.

But I am also planning to develope a site driven by one of the Microsoft languages used in another cms package. One package written in a Microsoft language, VB.NET to be exact, can be found at the home site of DotNetNuke.

I am learning C#.NET for work related projects, so my personal taste is leaning more toward a cms package called Rainbow which is written in C#.NET. There is a new version of it in the works under the code name of vNext which is targeting ASP.NET 2.0.

So far from what I gather, DotNetNuke has more of a following but since I am working on learning C# for work and actually studying to attempt the MCAD certification, I'm leaning toward Rainbow for my .NET based cms site.

Hope this helps you out.

hi irasmith nice articles i liked it thanks
Good Luck with ur study and if u need any help with ur study ask me coz i passed all the exams i'm MCAD now and after to days my 70-300 exam wish me luck with it
and Thanks again

Well good luck to you on your upcoming exam.

I'm presently studying for my first one, 70-315. Just started about two weeks ago so not too terribly far into the material yet. I am enjoying learning the language though and finding all sorts of cool things about it. :)

Back