cms problem

sentme_mail

Newcomer
hi,
i recieved the following error when trying the save or preview the sample site in content management server 2002.
any idea?
thanks

Server Error in '/WoodgroveNet' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (PlaceholderHtmlControl3:AuthoringModeControlsContainer:ActiveXAuthoringControl="...rove Bank <A href=" /Woodgrove...").
Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable request validation by setting validateRequest=false in the Page directive or in the configuration section. However, it is strongly recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this case.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (PlaceholderHtmlControl3:AuthoringModeControlsContainer:ActiveXAuthoringControl="...rove Bank <A href=" /Woodgrove...").

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (PlaceholderHtmlControl3:AuthoringModeControlsContainer:ActiveXAuthoringControl="...rove Bank <A href=" /Woodgrove...").]
System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String s, String valueName, String collectionName) +230
System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, String collectionName) +99
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +121
System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod() +70
System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +2106
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +218
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +179
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

You have entered text into a textbox that contains potentially dangerous or malicious content (probably HTML tags) - this is blocked by default.
If you want to allow this kind of input - open the aspx page in the html view and find the page directive <@% Page ....%> bit near the top and before the closing %> add
validateRequest=false

However this could open your website to abuse / attack.
It may be helpful if you give us a bit more background on what you are doing - there may be an easier/safer alternative.

I had the same problem... the only way i found to avoid it is the "validateRequest=false"....

im also working with Content Server 2002, and Commerce 2002 too...

saludos.

Ok. me againg... about the error that origin all this...
question to sentme_mail :

are you using framework .net v1.1 or 1.0 ???? because, im using 1.1 and i think thats the problem... content management server 2002 use 1.0, not 1.1...

ok, let me know.. thanx

Back