CLRProfiler - something strange

eramgarden

Contributor
I ran the CLRProfiler on my laptop. I changed "machine" name to "server". Everything ran fine...

I have another laptop..i downloaded CLRProfiler, changed "machine" to "server", started CLRProfiler, started my website but i got an error that application is not available and to look in Event Viewer..

I looked in Event Viewer and this is the error msg:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

If I reboot, the website comes back up but wont work with CLRProfiler. What to do??

eramgarden said:
I ran the CLRProfiler on my laptop. I changed "machine" name to "server". Everything ran fine...

I have another laptop..i downloaded CLRProfiler, changed "machine" to "server", started CLRProfiler, started my website but i got an error that application is not available and to look in Event Viewer..

I looked in Event Viewer and this is the error msg:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

If I reboot, the website comes back up but wont work with CLRProfiler. What to do??
try running:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe /i

note ther version part will differ as to the veerion of the .net framework you are running.

also make sure user "aspnet" has read permissions on the directory.
on win 2003, the user is "network service"

eramgarden said:
How do I check this??

make sure user "aspnet" has read permissions on the directory.
right click the directory, select sharing and security, select the security tab and check that the user is listed. . . add if not.

what OS are you using?

Back