Clipping rectangle problems

snarfblam

Ultimate Contributor
In my program I am drawing to the backbuffer, which has a clipper tied to the form being drawn on. When I try to blit over the edge of the form, however, the program raises an exception: Error 5: Error in the application.

Am I confused or should the clipping rectangle (set to contain the form by clipper.window = targetform) prevent errors caused by blitting outside the edges of the surface?

I'm wondering if this would work on the .draw method and not the .drawfast method

Last edited:
What does the dbmon application report?

dbmon.exe is located at:
C:\DXSDK\Bin\DXUtils

If you run it, then run your application in Debug mode, the dbmon window will show some diagnostics, including more descriptive errors than what you get inside Visual Studio.

-Nerseus

Does clipping work for .drawfast()?

2096: Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Invalid BltFast destination dimensions

I don't think thats the problem because the i got an error with .draw() too.

3176: Direct3D9: (ERROR) :width/height = 640 x 480, dest rect = (504, 466)-(520, 482)

I also set the clipping rectangle to a smaller region and it still did not clip it

Does anyone know if you can clip with drawfast?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Is there anything wrong with this?

Code:
        Dim clip2 As New Clipper
        Dim ClipRect() As Rectangle = {New Rectangle(0, 0, 640, 480)}
        clip2.ClipList = ClipRect
        ssurface.Clipper = clip2

Does anyone know? Does anyone care?

Back