Clearing cache for Integrated Windows Authentication

ombun2

Newcomer
For my app, I am using Integrated Windows Authentication in IIS. Just to be detailed enough...when a user types the url insead of getting a login page, he gets a windows dialog box with 3 options...username, password, and a checkbox to use password manager to remember the password. If a user would just type in the username and password, use the program, and close the browser, the next user on the same computer who would open a browser and go to the page would get the login box again...which is the desired result, especially if that person is a different user.

Now if a user selects the checkbox to remember the password, as soon as ANYBODY goes to that page on the SAME computer the login dialog box will be bypassed and the page automatically appear.

My question is how to programatically (especially in .NET) clear the cache for windows, so that it does not remember a passoword between browser openings...basically how do I create a log off button for Integrated Windows Authentication? I realize that in my web app I will have to manipulate Windows itself, but assuming that the permissions are not a problem how would I do that?

This seems to me to be an integral part of any Web App that uses Integrated Windows Authentication, though I haven't found any answers relating to this so far...

Thank you very much!

Back