Can't debug: strange error

NicoVB

Centurion
Unable to start debugging on the web server

Then it shows a document of what I have to do but nothing helps. The error says I have to install maybe the server components. I don't know what that is. Which CD?

Help me :(

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaa!!!! After 2 days of searching I finally solved the whole problem: I had to register the aspnet_isapi.dll.

Now I can debug, and also web services run :D

Thanks for posting that - it kicked my butt all morning.

Ever come across a situation where you can't access a particular dll, no matter what rights you set?

Yes... I am trying to access a registered dll in the system32 directory from server-side vb code and when debugging, it throws an exception "Access Denied"...

and I have no idea to what exactly it refers to... the actuall dll, the aspnet_isapi.dll, server rights or something else... it doesnt really elaborate...

wouldnt aspnet_isapi.dll already be registered in order for aspx pages to run in the first place??

What do you mean "register the aspnet_isapi.dll"? use regsvr32.exe?

What cause you unable to start debugging?

I can start debugging but at the point I am trying to access a system-registered dll (in system32 folder, made by Microsoft, registered with regsvr32.exe) it throws an exception saying "Access Denied" and generates a long page of "you realy shouldn't be doing this, you naughty boy" text...

Any idea?

Last edited:
Back