Can I embed resources in my program from code?

If you embeded from code this means that the exectuable would have to recompile itself to include the resources :)
I dont think that is possible.

I knew it was not possible after the exe was made but. . .

I was just thinking that there was something I could put in one of my classes telling the compler to put certain resources into the exe when it compiles.

You can write a program that makes other exes as it runs using the compiler services but I don't think you can alter the already compiled. If you want to include files in the exe at design time just right click the project and choose Add Existing and once the item appears in the list select it and set its compile method to Embedded Resource or Content then you can use it using the Resource Reader

Yes, I knew that. I am just looking for a shortcut. If I could tell the compiler in my code to include certain files as embedded resources when it compiles a certain class that would just make things a little less troublesome.

Well, for each class that I would make that would use a class that requireres certain embedded resouces, if they were already in code for the compiler I would not have to worry about making those few clicks.

But since I can't do it, I'll just have to make those few clicks each time.
Ohhhh well.

Back