Calendar control

sophiavirani

Newcomer
Is there anyway that I can handle the onDayRender event of the asp.net calendar control on the client side.
Thanx in advance

I want to display a calendar control in an iframe but I dont want to get the server involved. The calendar is displayed in the iframe without the server being involved but the problem comes when the user selects a date. At that time I handle the day render event, close the iframe in which the calendar was displayed and display the day selected in a text box on the main frame. How can I do this without the server being involved

If you want to take care of this on the client then I'd scrap the idea about using the ASP.NET calendar. Instead, I would play around with creating the calendar using JavaScript such that each day is rendered as a hyperlink. However, the hyperlink would be dead except to trigger a click event that calls a function which populates your text box.

I don't have the code to accomplish this but I'd start by learning to create the JavaScript calendar. Then play around with the document.write string to generate the hyperlink.

Here is a URL that lists all kinds of JavaScript calendars to get you started.

http://www.jsmadeeasy.com/javascripts/Calendars/list_test.asp

Good luck and let me know if you accomplish it.
Tate

Back