C# - Transparency issue

EFileTahi-A

Contributor
I only noticed this when I tryed my desert graphics which happen to be too bright.

All my transparent images with keycolor transparency have this dark line around them. I guess its because of the antialias effect. How can I turn it off?

Issue.jpg

I would imagine that the antialiasing settings could be in different places, depending on the software that came with your graphics card. I can access my antialiasing settings through the system tray or by going to Control Panel->Display->Settings->Advanced->GeForce4 Ti 4200 (my card)->Additional Properties->3D Antialiasing Settings.

If your hardware is not set to override an application's preference, then unless you explicity enable antialiasing in your app, it shouldn't be antialiasing.

P.S. Just a thought, have you considered that this might also be due to texture filtering? Do you have something like anisotropic filtering enabled?

marble_eater said:
I would imagine that the antialiasing settings could be in different places, depending on the software that came with your graphics card. I can access my antialiasing settings through the system tray or by going to Control Panel->Display->Settings->Advanced->GeForce4 Ti 4200 (my card)->Additional Properties->3D Antialiasing Settings.
Yeah, I'm aware of this.

If your hardware is not set to override an application's preference, then unless you explicity enable antialiasing in your app, it shouldn't be antialiasing.

No, the hardware is not overriding the programs config. :(

P.S. Just a thought, have you considered that this might also be due to texture filtering? Do you have something like anisotropic filtering enabled?

Yes, this is a good possibility indeed, but I have not activated any filters on textures, maybe this is a default setting... A'm going to check it out...

tks for the post marble_eater

Last edited:
Back