C# and 3d programming

Rising

Newcomer
Hi there, I need some help figuring out about C# 3D capabilities...
What I already know is that using DirectX I'll never get good 3D graphics interaction to work cause I haven't found any good book ( have you read the book reviews ??) about directX with C#. the microsoft site only has help liberaries for directX 9.0 for C++...and the tutorials I´ve found are very basic...( I need mouse interaction for example).
Although, I've found CSgl liberary for C# witch is a wrapper for Opengl, and has all the opengl functions!!
I've read some faqs that point that C++ is much faster than C# for 3D aplications...

Please tell me your opinions!!
tanks :)

Its true, C++ is faster but the speed difference is very small. .NET programs are faster compared to some other languages and they get close to C++.
There isn't much books about DirectX9 for .NET (there is several for C++) but Ive seen some for .NET. Maybe you could search amazon for it.

Also, if you start with the wizard application that DirectX 9 creates, you'll see a TON of code.

I noticed an ArcBall class that comes with one of the wizards. For some reason, they didn't use that class in the sample, but it contained all of the code to let you use the mouse to move a camera around a scene.

Also, we at the forums are glad to help with specific questions once you get started. For example, start with one of the sample projects and tweak it a bit to see how things work. You'll quickly find the C++ documentation will give you about 90% of what you need in terms of objects and methods and such. The other 10% will probably be debugging since things are never quite as easy as you might expect in DX. That's where we all come in :)

-Ner

Back