Bug with VS.net 05 Pro

mike55

Contributor
Hi all

I'm not sure if my problem is a bug, or if its the first signs that I am going crazy. I drop my buttons or textboxes or any other control onto the page and then go to rename the ID of the control. After typing in a new unique id, I hit the return key, however instead of changing the controls id to the id I entered, vs.net changes the name back to the default value. The only way that I can change the Id of a contol is to go into the http source of the page, locate the code for the control and change the Id in the source.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Mike55.

I had the same exact problem with Windows Forms menus in VS 2003 standard. Unfortunately, it is hard thing to Google, but clearly you are not alone. Perhaps you should submit this to Microsoft as a bug. It is not desired or expected behavior and I doubt that it is a "feature." My best guess is that it is a bug that inaccurately keeps track of what needs to be serialized between the designer and the generated code.

I have noticed another problem in that if I have multiple controls on a page, and I change the properties on one control and then go straigh to the properties of another control on the same page, the environment does not recognise that I have changed to a new control.

Mike55.

Back